Follow Us On FacebookFollow us on Twitter

What does my employer have to do when I get a job?

  • Your employer has to do a risk assessment – this means looking at what you are going to do and where you will do it to make sure you are safe
  • Tell your local council your name, address, date of birth and what the job is, give them a copy of the risk assessment, and your parent/carers agreement that you can work.  The council will send you your work permit
  • Within 2 months of you starting the job you should get written details of what your job is, what your pay is, where you work, and your hours and any other things like holiday pay.  If you don’t get one you still have a spoken agreement.