Follow Us On FacebookFollow us on Twitter

What should I do if something goes wrong?

If your workplace has a union you can join and they can give you some advice and support, but you should be ready to get legal advice if something goes wrong. The union can recommend a lawyer who specialises in employment law, or you can check out the website of the Scottish Legal Aid Board or telephone them on 0131 226 7601. They can also help you with your eligibility for help with legal expenses.


Many employment claims need to be made within 3 months of the unfair treatment so seek advice quickly.